Tuesday, July 21, 2009

White Chocolate Ice Cream


Hands down. The best ice cream I have made so far. So creamy and white chocolatey! Kind of perfect. White chocolate is apparently growing on me. I used to hate it. But now, as long as it is REAL white chocolate, I have come to enjoy it. A lot.

That being said, I thought this ice cream would be perfect for my next endeavor, which you will have to wait for my next post to hear about (but let me assure you, it is utterly delish). I think this ice cream would be perfect just as it is, though, because it is so flavorful! And, lets be serious, anything David Leibovitz makes is bliss.

White Chocolate Ice Cream
From David Leibovitz The Perfect Scoop

2/3 cup sugar
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
5 egg yolks

Put the white chocolate in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks together, then add the milk and sugar. Warm egg mixture in a saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly, scraping the bottom of the saucepan until the custard thickens enough to stick to the spatula. Strain the custard into the white chocolate and stir until it is completely melted. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Chill mixture thoroughly and then freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.

1 comment:

  1. I have been guilty of using "white chips" for white chocolate in cookies and such, so I know I have to go buy the real thing for this--it looks decadent and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete