Sunday, July 12, 2009

No Bake Cookies


It has been HOT here. Knock on wood...not as hot as it could be here, but definitely hot. Needless to say, I really don't feel like turning on the oven. Hence, my chocolate cravings call and I landed upon No-Bake Cookies. An old roommate I had hated chocolate (crazy, right?!) and she taught me once how to make these without chocolate. Of course, I would never make them sans chocolate, but maybe you would! These are great and are definitely sweet up the wazoo!

No-Bake Cookies

2 cups white sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 pinch salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Bring sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and salt to a rapid boil for 1 minute.
Add quick cooking oats, peanut butter and vanilla. Mix weel.

Working quickly, drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment