Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kitchen Sink Cookies


Like I said before, I am doing a major pantry clean out. How exciting! I just stuffed whatever add-ins I had left in these cookies. They turned out yummy. Definitely not a recipe I will make over and over again, but they were still good, and I am sure they would be good with anything you decided to throw in!

Our cookie jar is now overflowing...

Kitchen Sink Cookies
Martha Stewart

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
1 cup unsweetened flake coconut
1 cup sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.

In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to the sugar mixture and blend until completely combined. Fold in the oats, chocolate chips, toffee bits, coconut and almonds. Drop by heaping tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 degrees for 16 to 18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment