Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pizza Pizza


Is Little Caesar's Pizza a chain restaurant? I remember a commercial for them when I was little and this little dude with a long nose would always say "pizza, pizza!" Random, I know.

I made some pizza this weekend and it definitely hit the spot! With all the yummy pizza to be found in New York, plus being spoiled by my Stepmom's pizza on the grill when I go home, I don't attempt my own very frequently. I stepped it up (PS: have you seen the movie Step Up? It's fabulous and you should watch it) this weekend and went for it. Yum! I decided on a pineapple, grilled onion and ricotta pizza and made it on my pizza stone in the oven. It wasn't as good as a grilled pizza, but I have never been known to not enjoy a pizza and this bad boy was no exception! (I think I said the word "pizza" about a million times, approximately, in the last paragraph)

Pizza Dough
From Eating, Etc.

1-2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil
Cornmeal

Combine one cup all-purpose flour, one cup whole wheat flour, yeast and salt in food processor. Pulse to mix.

Add warm water and olive oil and press until a ball forms. Add more flour as needed and knead until smooth, about 4 to 6 minutes. Cover and let rest on a floured surface for about 10 minutes.

Shape into desired shape of pizza and transfer to a pizza stone drizzled with cornmeal.

My Pizza Pizza

Olive oil
Marinara sauce
Mozzarella cheese
One onion, chopped and sauteed
Pineapple chunks
Parmesan cheese
Ricotta cheese
Basil leaves

Place a light layer of olive oil followed by your favorite marinara sauce on to dough. Sprinkle with a layer of shredded mozzarella. Place the chopped onion and pineapple on top of cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan and dot with ricotta. Place basil leaves on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment