Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Ice Cream Mud Pie


Spice told me this is by far her favorite thing I have ever made before. Everytime she sits down with a piece she raves about how delicious it is and then scolds me for making something so delicious and that I should never make it again. Too bad, Spice, cause I like it too and of COURSE I am going to make it again! Duh!

Tah dah! This is what the white chocolate ice cream went towards. I told you you wouldn't be disappointed! It was perfect. It perfectly set off the chocolate of the oreo crust and the chocolate topping. If you don't home make the ice cream, this dessert will come together in a snap. You do need to make sure you freeze it well before you serve it, but it is really easy to make. I'm not exactly sure where this recipe came from originally, but I got it from LadyJayPee at Eating, etc.

Ice Cream Mud Pie


Crust:
1 large bag oreo cookies (finely crushed: put them in a ziplock bag and run a rolling pin over them)
3/4 cup melted butter

Pat oreo's into the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch glass pan. Put in freezer 30 minutes.

Place 1 quart to one-half-gallon ice cream over crust, laying it out in slices.

Sauce:
3 tablespoons butter
9 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 egg

Combine butter and cocoa powder in saucepan on very low eat on stovetop until butter is just melted. Don't let butter bubble or brown.

Combine the sugar, milk and egg and add it to the butter and cocoa powder. Cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and beat with hand mixer for 1 minute.

Let cool COMPLETELY at room temp before spreading over pie, covering with foil and freezing.

3 comments:

  1. OMG this is the most delicious thing ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG how do you not weigh 300 pounds?

    If I pay for your moving expenses will you come to MN and stay in my guest room and make me desserts every day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the recipe from my cousin when I was about your age. :-) I can't wait to try your ice cream recipe!

    ReplyDelete