Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chocolate Chip Blondies


On top of the fact that my photography skills are A+ (please read with copious amounts of sarcasm), I tried to decorate these blondies with leftover frosting I had from my Sugar Cookie Bars and it was so warm out that it melted and looks like it is just blobbed on top. Don't get me wrong...these were still delicious, but definitely did not have the presentation quality I was going for!

In my state of dorkiness, I was reading about blondies and found some interesting tidbits. I always just thought blondies were a cookie in bar form, but no! They are technically a brownie without the chocolate and should have the same texture and density. Woah! That blew my mind a little. And I am pretty sure these guys were a tride and true blondie recipe as they were fairly dense like a brownie AND used melted butter like a brownie (not that cookies never use melted butter, but every brownie I have ever made has).

I used chocolate and butterscotch chips on these, but I think they would be great with white chocolate or toffee, too. The original poster used chocolate chips and cinnamon chips, which sounds amazing but I can't find cinnamon chips anywhere in the city.

Chocolate Chip Blondies
From Culinary in the Desert

14 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips of any kind

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat when melted and allow to cool.

In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugars, followed by the eggs and then vanilla. Add the flour and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in the chips.

Scoop the batter into a greased 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment