Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt


Confession: I am OBSESSED with frozen yogurt.

And I do mean obsessed. I've gone a little nuts. Yup, its pretty cold here, but I will still be craving fro yo. Even though it gets rock hard after sitting in the freezer for a day, I will sit there on the couch with a large tupperware container of the stuff and pick at it until my craving ceases. Yeah, I'm weird. I know.

My friend and I have also discovered Yogurtland here in New York. It is a self serve frozen yogurt place, with so many amazing flavors like snickerdoodle and cake batter. Then you also get to serve your own toppings! Like I said, OBSESSED. My friend India and I went there last week and almost froze our fingers off wandering around eating a vat of this stuff, its that delicious.

I usually just make David Lebovitz's Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, but I wanted to spice things up a bit with a little razzleberry action. I think I still prefer the real frozen yogurt, but this was a welcome treat! The tang of the yogurt matches well with the raspberries and creates a pretty darn good combination if you ask me!

Raspberry Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt
Foodnetwork.com

3 cups frozen raspberries
2 cups plain low-fat yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips, preferable mini

Place raspberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.

Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Add chocolate chips during the last 5 minutes. Best if eaten within one day of making.

No comments:

Post a Comment