Thursday, November 5, 2009

Chocolate and Vanilla Frosting For Sale


Yeah, those are big, ginormous tubs of frosting....

But guess what?! I made my first food related sale this week! Annie Bananie is determined to help me sell some of my baked goods and has been telling everyone she meets that her roommate bakes. Very sweet of her.

So one of her friends asked if I could make her frosting like the Magnolia Bakery's. Duh! She paid me to make her two tubs of frosting....how awesome is that?!

I've made the vanilla frosting before here, Magnolia's actual recipe. And I used Wilton's recipe for Chocolate Buttercream, which also tasted exactly like Magnolia's. I'm just cool like that.

Chocolate Buttercream Icing
Wilton

1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk

In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add cocoa and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.

3 comments: