Monday, November 16, 2009

Fall Pumpkin Bread


Still trying to get rid of applesauce....

Do you need any? Send me your address and I will mail you some. Just kidding!

I love sweet breads. Especially pumpkin bread. There is something about it that just shoots me over the moon! My Stepmom probably makes the best pumpkin bread I have ever had, and I am always trying to replicate it, but to no avail. This bread was good, but there weren't any fireworks. I did like the cranberries and apples in it, but I think I prefer my pumpkin bread unadulterated. Nonetheless, good flavor, pretty moist, definitely enjoyed a few slices for myself!

Fall Pumpkin Bread
Adapted from Good Things Catered

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. light brown sugar
1/2 can (or 7.5 oz) pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. applesauce
1/4 c. buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium apple (I like granny smith) peeled, cored, and diced
1 c. dried cranberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 9x5 loaf pan.
In large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and whisk to combine. In another large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce, milk, vanilla and stir to combine well.

Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just barely blended. Fold in apples, cranberries and pecans.

Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.

Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. BRemove from pan and let cool on wire rack completely (makes the slices much more clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment