Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies


I'm a sucker for oatmeal cookies. I really like them with chocolate chips. And lots of chewy goodness. Apparently Annie Bananie likes them as well because she asked me repeatedly to make her whole wheat oatmeal cookies and I finally did. Being a big nerd I am, though, I couldn't just make oatmeal cookies. I had to add cereal and candy bar chunks.

I really liked these cookies! There was a lot going on in them! I liked having lots of crunch in them and really liked the milky way explosion too! Annie Bananie wasn't a huge fan of them, she prefers her cookies flat and more buttery. These are a great take off from an oatmeal cookie! I learned the hard way to make sure the milky way chunks are surrounded by dough or else they will run when baked!


Oatmeal Cookies
Adapted from Allrecipes

1 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup brown rice cereal
1 cup milky way chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.

Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt and stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats, milky way chunks and brown rice cereal.

Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment