Friday, January 1, 2010

Maple Walnut Fudge


I got a new camera for Christmas! I took that picture! Isn't that just a kick in the pants?!
I'm not at all excited about this new turn of events =)

I made this fudge as a Christmas present for my Dad. His favorite ice cream is a maple walnut that he gets somewhere specific that I can't think of off the top of my head. So I figured some fudge (which he loves) of the same flavor would be a welcomed addition to the holiday sweets piled in the refrigerator. 


I think Dad really liked this. I thought it was great, but it definitely was over-shadowed by the penuche fudge that wouldn't stay out of my mind or my mouth. Pesky fudge... 


Oh! And Happy New Year! 2010...moving up in the world!


Maple Walnut Fudge


2 tablespoons butter

2/3 cup evaporated milk

1 1/2 cups granulated sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 cups miniature marshmallows

1 12-ounce package real white chocolate chips

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavored extract


Line a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with foil.


Combine butter, evaporated milk, sugar and salt in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat. Boil for 4 1/2- 5 minutes. Remove from heat.


Stir in marshmallows, white chocolate chips, nuts and maple flavoring. Stir for 1 minutes or until marshmallows are melted. Pour into prepared baking pan. Refrigerate until firm. 

2 comments:

  1. I love maple-flavored anything--this looks wonderful, especially with the new camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I've made that same recipe before, but left out the maple so I could get a pure white chocolate fudge. I love me some white chocolate. Great pic!

    ReplyDelete