Friday, January 8, 2010

Tuna Salad


I have a pretty pathetic confession to make about this tuna salad. Between us, Spice and I have literally gone through almost 6 batches of this in a week. How is this possible, you may ask? This tuna salad is THAT good! Even if you're not a huge fan of tuna, even if you don't like salad, even if you don't want to go to the grocery store, GET OVER IT AND MAKE THIS TUNA SALAD!

I started off eating this on toast, graduated to eating it with crackers and now I sheepishly eat it off a spoon, directly from the Tupperware container. Any of the above ways you choose to eat this stuff, I promise you it will be delicious.

Tuna Salad
Eating, Etc.

1 6-oz can tuna in olive oil, undrained
1/3 cup small curd cottage cheese
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 tablespoon capers, drained (I can't find capers at my grocery store, so I've been leaving it out)
Juice of half a lemon
pinch or two of dill weed
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Mix the first 10 ingredients together. It's that easy.

1 comment:

  1. Raising my hand because I'm guilty of eating it by the spoonful too! YUMS!

    ReplyDelete