Thursday, January 14, 2010

Garlicky Hummus

I'm a big grazer. I eat meals, yes, but I really like snacking and prolonging my eating time. Maybe I was an antelope in a past life, and just grazed on the plains, enjoying my time eating as much as I could throughout the day, before being run off or perhaps maniacally eaten by a lion in the scorching dessert heat. I also watch insane amounts of animal planet apparently.

Anyways, I really like dips. Any kind, really. And hummus is a good choice for me because even when I eat it all, it still isn't too terribly bad for me. And with the day I had yesterday, an entire batch of hummus was definitely in the cards. This hummus was great, although a little on the lemony side for me. I think next time I will only use one lemon and it shall be even more divine.

Garlicky Hummus
Adapted from Martha Stewart

4 garlic cloves, finally chopped
1 15-oz can of garbanzo beans
Juice from 2 lemons (next time I will only do 1)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1/4 teasoon paprika
Pinch allspice
1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley

Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA maybe you were an antelope!! Thats hysterical!

    ReplyDelete