Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Martha's Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie


So Annie Bananie is gone skiing for two whole weeks! Whatever will I do without my official taste tester?! I'll survive. Somehow.

I made her these chocolate chip cookies a la Martha Stewart as a bon voyage gift. She's going to need her strength to fly down those mountains with two pieces of wood stuck to her feet!

These made for a good, chewy chocolate chip cookie. I really liked the almost crystallized texture these had, I think from extra vanilla and brown sugar. You could definitely taste the extra amounts of each. I will definitely make these again, but not my favorite. These may have been a little too soft for me. Solid effort, Martha!

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Martha Stewart's Cookie Book

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup unsalted butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1 teaspoon coarse salt

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

2 large eggs

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a bowl. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mis onmedium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.


Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until edges turn golden but centers are still soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.

1 comment:

  1. I can be your official taste-tester when you roomies are out!!

    ReplyDelete