Thursday, January 28, 2010

Green Lemonade


So, I've got another juice. It's almost the same as the last one, except it's expertly called a "Green Lemonade" by Natalia Rose. Her book, "The Raw Food Detox Diet" was given to me by that friend Whitney I mentioned earlier. Although I don't think my body would ever do well on a completely raw food diet, this book definitely gave my warped cheese-fry loving brain some nutritional insight.

One of these insights was how good fresh juice is for you. It's extremely enzyme-rich, which makes all the nutrients easily absorbed in your body and can therefore fuel you better! How cool!

And why not just eat vegetables, you may ask? Well, for one, that's a lot of chompin! And two, there are enzymes (what the heck is an enzyme?) trapped inside the fibers of fresh vegetables that can't be absorbed through normal digestion. But guess what? A juicer can release those darned enzymes! How miraculous (much like childbirth...or not).

I'm done rambling. This is Ms. Rose's favorite juice, the "Green Lemonade". She recommends enjoying it first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.

Green Lemonade
Natalia Rose

1 head romaine lettuce
5 to 6 stalks kale
1 to 2 apples
1 whole lemon
1 to 2 inches fresh ginger

Process in juicer. Gulp 'er down!

No comments:

Post a Comment