Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stromboli

Have you ever eaten stromboli? Oh goodness, if you haven't, get thee to a strombol-ery (I just made that up, they probably don't exist)!

Bananie's mom (whom we lovingly refer to as Mama Stromboli) has been making this miracle of nature for us since before Bananie even moved in! We put in a special order with her for every party we throw and let me tell you, our parties are the best simply BECAUSE of this stromboli!

Unfortunately, we decided to try to make our own the other night and realized how insanely easy it is to make. Bummer (for my hips, not my tastebuds). I don't have a recipe, but I'll take you through it!

First get some pizza dough. We used some from a bakery near us. Roll it out and top it with an assortment of goodies. We made three stromboli:
1. Cheese (any assortment will suffice)
2. Mozzerella and Spinach
3. Salami, pepperoni and cheese


Roll the stromboli up and tuck in the ends. Place them on a baking sheet and brush with an egg wash.

Place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Salivate at the glistening, seeping, melty cheesy goodness...
Slice and dip into marinara sauce. This is the spinach dude.

I told you it was easy, didn't I?! And I would NEVER lie to you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment