Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ganache Covered Red Velvet Hearts

This is what I made for Valentine's Day for my friend Kali and I. We had an enjoyable evening on the couch watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. I can hear you laughing at us. Stop now. Or I wont show you the delicious dessert I made. And it's a doozy. It kind of blew my mind.

Ok, I don't care if you're laughing, I just have to show you this!


So first I made red velvet cake. Actually I made red velvet brownies, but if I do this again I will use cake. This is a good recipe. Bake it in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. When cooled completely, invert cake onto a cutting board and, using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the cake.

Cut each heart in half and spread a heapingly large amount of cream cheese frosting in it. This is the recipe I used and its pretty delicious if I do say so myself.

Next, make a chocolate ganache glaze. Continuing with my Martha theme, I used Martha's ganache glaze. Pour it over the red velvet hearts (which I suggest placing on a parchment-lined baking sheet), and make sure it covers all of the cake. Let the ganache harden a bit before sprinkling with red sanding sugar.


Next step: devour. We sure didn't have a problem in this area. Thank heavens!

No comments:

Post a Comment