Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chocolate Dessert Extravaganza and Chocolate Covered Strawberries


Butthead's rehearsal dinner desserts equaled success! Yes!

The wedding was a success too! The ceremony was outside near a river on grass covered with rose petals. Then the reception was upstairs in a clubhouse. Perfectly decorated. Butthead and her Groom were so adorable and beautiful. It was hard not to be completely taken aback by the beauty of the wedding! Here's a picture of Butthead and I at the wedding:



Back to the baking. Boy, was I worried that I wasn't going to get all six desserts done in one day! Luckily, I was able to bake the cupcakes and make the cookie dough on Friday when I flew in, before we started bachelorette shenanigans. Then the next day I got to work early, and was able to make the rest of the desserts with time to spare!

In case you missed my earlier posts, I made Red Velvet Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting, Mini Chocolate Cheesecakes, Chocolate Truffles, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies and Chocolate Covered Strawberries (recipe below).

I have to say, everything turned out delicious, just like I knew it would! I got so many compliments I was in hog heaven =) Maybe someday when I'm done dancing I can get into catering or baking as a career...something to think about!


PS: I also got to meet Eleanor Francis...maybe the cutest puppy EVER. Don't you just wanna play with those ears????!!!!!


Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Martha Stewart

8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
1 lb fresh strawberries
Melted white chocolate for drizzle

Place chocolate in a bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally, until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. One at a time, dip each strawberry in chocolate, twirling to coat.

Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries at least 15 minutes to set chocolate. Drizzle with white chocolate and refrigerate until serving.

*All pictures were taken by Lisa Tilson.

1 comment:

  1. Those pics are SO cute, and so Eleanor; what a BABY! The strawberries look delish. I'm SO impressed with your dessert extravaganza. You're a brave girl!

    ReplyDelete