Monday, August 17, 2009

Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies


I had such a great, relaxing weekend. Our apartment was super quiet all weekend, and I used that time to clean with gusto, bake up a storm and enjoy some much needed quiet time! As much as I LOVE getting drinks or dinner or hanging out with friends in the park, I am one of those people that really likes to come home to some quiet alone time (the only child bell is ringing).

I found out late last week that I am finally getting paid to dance with a REALLY small ballet company in Queens. Even though I am only getting paid a pitiful amount per performance, I can officially say I am a professional dancer now =)

Spice and I also saw "Julie and Julia" this weekend. It was so cute and if you are into the food blogging scene, you definitely should see it. Of course, Spice and I got there right when the previews were ending and therefore sat in the front row with our necks craning upwards the entire time. I hate it when that happens! We got to talking afterwards about how fascinating Maryl Streep is. How the HECK does she LITERALLY become a completely different person??!! At one point, she leaned back onto a couch and I instantly had a flashback to Miranda Priestly in "The Devil Wears Prada". She does another bang up job with this movie. I am enthusiastically impressed.

On Friday, I played round (what round am I on again? 3? 4?) of Butthead's wedding party treats. The culprit: Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies. The consensus: Delicious, but a little cakey for my tastes.

I spoke to Butthead about these (who just adopted a grey german shepard puppy named Eleanor, who is so cute I want to kidnap her! Pic below.) and we discussed that we both enjoy fudgey (is that even a word?) brownies best. I may use a fudgey brownie base I have used before and then just add the raspberry cream cheese topping to it. Anyways, I can't say that I hate these, because there are only about half left and I am the only one who has been eating them (gulp!) but if you prefer fudgey brownies, this may not be the recipe for you!


Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
Ray Romano on Good Housekeeping

Brownie Batter:
1 cup butter
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 10-oz jar seedless, all fruit preserves
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Swirl Topping:
1 8-oz package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raspberries

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk in cocoa and cook until mixture bubbles. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and preserves. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until well blended.

In a small bowl, stir flour and baking soda. Add to chocolate mixture, stirring until just blended. Pour batter into baking dish a smooth top.

In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until blended. Fold in raspberries. Spoon large dollops of swirl over the brownie batter and swirl into batter with a knife. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the professional status!! How exciting!

    The brownies certainly look delicious! Love the puppy ;)

    ReplyDelete