Thursday, September 3, 2009

Cilantro Salmon


I leave bright eyed and bushy-tailed tomorrow morning for Butthead's wedding! Wish me luck on all the baking! And of course CONGRATS to Butthead and Mike =)

I was craving some real protein earlier this week and remembered a recipe LadyJayPee had for salmon that I LOVED. It is really super easy and very delicious. I only tweaked it a little. I was lucky enough to have leftovers the next day for lunch. The only seafood I have tried making is salmon. Maybe next time I will try halibut. Ah! Look at me being all adventurous!

Cilantro Salmon
Eating, Etc.

1 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove
Wild Salmon
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 container cherry tomatoes
large bunch asparagus, cut to 1 1/2 inches
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat.

Season salmon with salt, pepper, dill weed and paprika. Place salmon skin side down in skillet and cook about 3 minutes. Turn salmon with spatula and cook another 3 minutes, then break into chunks.

Add garlic, tomatoes and asparagus. Cook until salmon flakes easily. Stir in cilantro. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment