Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tony Time!


This past Sunday was Tony Awards Sunday...kind of like the Superbowl for theater geeks such as myself. Anyways, I went to a friends' apartment to watch the Tony's with some friends and then got to go to the Billy Elliot (who won best new musical this year) Tony after party, thanks to my friend, Annie. Check out the picture at the bottom of this post of me with a Tony Award. Yeah, I'm pretty badass.

Onward to the food! For the actual viewing party I went to, I brought chocolate truffles. Ask anyone who saw me last week and they will tell you that I was unnecessarily stressed about what to bring. I wanted it to be elegant because, duh, its a Tony party but it had to be easy to transport because I was coming from rehearsal. Needless to say, I think it was Saturday morning before I figured out what I was going to make. I found the recipe for these inside a Philadelphia cream cheese box. They turned out VERY delicious but I did have to be careful to keep them in the freezer/refrigerator so they wouldn't melt. I just doused these in chocolate, but you could also roll them in cocoa powder, or in chopped nuts after the chocolate. I think next time I will add a small drizzle of white chocolate to the tops of them. B-E-A-U-tiful!

PHILADELPHIA Simply Sensational Truffles

2 1/2 Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, divided
1 pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened

Melt 8 chocolate squares as directed on package. Beat cream cheese with a mixer until creamy and then blend in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm.

Shape into 36 balls. Place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet.

Melt remaining chocolate. Dip truffles into chocolate and then return to baking sheet. Decorate and then keep refrigerated until served.

4 comments:

  1. I meant AN award. Jeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU! are hilarious. :))) I knew you'd be glued to the Awards. Congrats on the Tony Truffles, and for touching a award! I LOVED Billy Elliott (the movie).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no luck dipping chocolate, but these look delish! Love the pic of you & "Tony".

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] epic failure. So I quickly snubbed that idea! Then we started debating whether we would prefer the chocolate truffles I had already made or cookie dough [...]

    ReplyDelete