Friday, September 11, 2009

Sean's Asian Sauce and Marinade


You know those people who don't really have to follow a recipe? They just make stuff out of what they find in their kitchens and it turns out fabulous? My friend Sean is one of THOSE!

We made dinner a few weekends ago (by "we" I mean "he") and Sean used this Asian sauce he had whipped up a few nights earlier. I was so impressed with the sauce that I asked for the recipe. That led to him giving me a list of ingredients with no idea how much of each he put in. Thanks, that helps a lot, Sean!

Have no fear! I experimented and came up with an almost identical sauce, I think. When Sean made dinner, he used it as a chicken marinade and a vegetable and rice sauce. I used it last night with some salmon and mixed vegetables on top of a bed of spinach. Yum!


Sean's Asian Sauce and Marinade

2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey

Whisk all ingredients together. Easy as pie. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment