Monday, September 21, 2009

Baked Pumpkin Bread


I freaking LOVE pumpkin. Around this time, I try to make everything I can with it. I decided to start the season off basic...with pumpkin bread. I have a recipe in my arsenal for a pretty awesome pumpkin bread, but I decided to try something different and found a recipe on All Recipes for a little bit healthier pumpkin bread. I took it one step further and used half whole wheat pastry flour.

It turned out really well! But I've had better...nonetheless, it was a great start for a healthier pumpkin bread. I guess having eaten about half of it on my own already in just a couple of days, goes to show either my complete lack of self control or a rather delicious pumpkin bread!

Baked Pumpkin Bread
AllRecipes.com

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, softened

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl. Mix in the pumpkin, browl sugar, buttermilk, egg and butter until well blended. Pour into a 9 by 5 inch greased loaf pan and smooth the top.

Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment