Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Vegetarian Bean and Pumpkin Chili


Oh, crockpot...how much do I love thee? Let me count the ways, I'll start at 100....

Seriously, though. How sweet is the crockpot? Lets be serious...you just shove in shit in the morning and when you come home at night, not only does your house smell delicious, but you have an entire meal ready! Crazy!

Fall has been in the air lately here in NY, so I am in full fall cooking/baking mode! And craving the foods of fall: Apples, pumpkin and cinnamon...oh my!

After a long, rainy, frustrating day on Saturday I came home to this creation. It was REALLY good! And SO filling! The pumpkin in it really did it for me. It gave the chili a great flavor and texture. My roommate tried some and she could tell there was something different in it, but couldn't pinpoint the pumpkin until I told her. I was ready to just fall asleep right after I ate it, or just curl up in bed with sweatpants on and read. =)


Vegetarian Bean and Pumpkin Chili
Tasty Eats at Home Blog

1 lb. dried black beans
1 large tomato, chopped
1 5-oz can pumpkin puree
1 can diced green chilis
2-3 cups vegetable broth
1-2 cups water
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
Tabasco sauce to taste

Rinse the beans and soak overnight. Rinse again and place in crockpot. Add rest of ingredients and mix well. Cook on low for 8 hours, or until beans are tender.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks amazing. I love both chili and pumpkin, so this sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pumpkin chili, and I love veggie chili- how fun to put them together!

    ReplyDelete