Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hawaiian Cookies


I wanted to make some cookies to supplement the chocolate deliciousness that was the cupcakes this weekend. I had dog-eared Maple Nut Refrigerator cookies awhile back in my Betty Crocker Cookie Book and decided to give em a whirl! I'd already decided to use mini chocolate chips (we had a plethora of those little guys in our freezer), when Spice handed me a bag of dried pineapple and told me to get rid of it. So what did I do? Threw em in! I then realized I had a bunch of white chocolate chips I wanted to get rid of too. Why not toss them in as well?!

I ended up with a good cookie! They tasted Hawaiian to me, so thus they got their name. Maybe with some coconut they would be even better! I liked the maple taste the dough had but Annie Bananie didn't like the pineapple chunks in them. The cookies were pretty flat and crispy, if you like that sort of thing!

Hawaiian Cookies
Adapted from Betty Crocker Cookie Book

3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Beat sugar, butter and syrup together until creamy. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in chips and pineapple.

Shape into roll about 12 inches long. Wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut roll into 1/4 inch slices. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Those look really good- what a good idea to include pineapple! I have a bag of that on hand, because it always looks so good in the store, but then I never eat it. I'll have to keep this recipe in mind. :)

    ReplyDelete