Thursday, April 9, 2009

Would you care for a muffin?


I'm stressed. So, in lieu of me being a tightly wound ball of craziness, would you care for a muffin?

I've been craving chocolate, cookies and large amounts of fat. So, I decided to go in the complete opposite direction and made really healthy muffins. Sometimes it is the process of baking that I enjoy even more than eating whatever I pull out of the oven.

I adapted these from 101 Cookbooks. I didn't add anything to them, but I think they would be delicious with banana in the batter and then pecans on top. Or, perhaps just some raisins or other dried fruits mixed in.

Bran Muffins

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup flaxseed meal
3/4 cup salt
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups Fage Total 2% Greek yogurt
1 egg
1/2 cup honey
2 Tablespoons melted butter

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Mix the flour, wheat bran, salt, baking soda and sugar together.

In a separate bowl, beat together the yogurt, egg, honey and butter. Add the dry ingredients and mix together.

Grease a muffin tin with butter or spray with cooking spray. Fill each 3/4 full. Bake about 12 minutes until the muffins are golden on top.

I hope these relieve some of the stress in your life =)

No comments:

Post a Comment