Saturday, April 18, 2009

Alton Brown: Marry Me


Dear Alton Brown,

Please marry me and make me chocolate chip cookies all the time.

Love,
Allison

Spice watches The Food Network whenever she can. I cannot even count the number of Alton Brown's Good Eats I have watched. I have never seen, however, his show on chocolate chip cookies. When I read about his recipe being one of the best chocolate chip cookie ones out there, I didn't doubt it, but I did want to try them out myself =).

Um. These cookies were amazing. I think my heart stopped when I took my first bite. Please walk to your kitchen now and make these cookies. Now.

The Chewy
Courtesy of Mr. Alton Brown

2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 cups bread flour (I used all-purpose and they turned out perfectly)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini-chocolate chips because they were all I had)

Melt butter. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.

Mix the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and milk. Then the vanilla. Add the dry mixture and mix well. Add the chocolate chips.

Chill dough! (I chilled it for about 24 hours)

Bake cookies at 375 degrees for about 14 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this recipe of your fiance soon, Sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first made these a few months ago, and finally ended my quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Your photo looks exactly the way they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] recipe of your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough (my favorite) 2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk 2 large eggs 2 teaspoons [...]

    ReplyDelete