Friday, April 17, 2009

White Chicken Chili


I love leftovers. In fact I live for them, frequently Sugar will come home and find me cooking a meal made for 20, but really I just want to enjoy it all week long! This love of left overs bleeds into my love for Crock pots! Who is the genius that invented this lovely cooking tool? I would like to know and shake their hand. Any who... I had some left over BBQ chicken from Sugar's surprise BDay extravaganza and wanted to make something yummy. Chili is such a homey dish and perfect for the yucky rainy- ness that we have been having in NYC.

This recipe was modified from one of my favorite sites Eating, Etc., http://eatingetc.blogspot.com/2008/03/white-chicken-chili.html
It makes a slightly smaller portion and doesn't have as much heat. (I'm a wimp when it comes to spicy foods!)

As I said I used left over BBQ chicken in this chili, which not only deepened the color of the chili but added a yummy smokey flavor.


2 Tbsp of Oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, very finely chopped
2 cans White Beans
1/2 can Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1.5 cups chopped BBQ Chicken
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp of oregano
Jack Cheese for garnish
chopped yellow pepper for garnish

In your crock pot heat the oil and sweat the onion and jalapeno until slightly soft. After that dump the remaining ingredients in (except for the cheese and yellow pepper), set that baby on low, stir a bit and walk away. Seriously just leave. In 3 t0 6 hours you will have a meal! How amazing is that?

1 comment:

  1. NICE twist on a fave at our house, Spice!

    ReplyDelete