Friday, April 17, 2009

Tooley Chip Cookies!


Everyone has something they are known for, mine happens to be Chocolate Chip Cookies. In high school I think I made a batch a week, they are just so darn good! Back in the day my baking was always improv, my dad is a diabetic and I was always trying to make something that he would also be able to enjoy. That is how this cookie recipe evolved, I should also say that my rein as the Tooley Cookie Queen has ended and now belongs to my little sister who keeps this recipe alive.


1 stick butter
1 stick margarine
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup Splenda (seriously, it works!)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 whole egg
1 egg white
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 bag of Chocolate Chips


Cream together the butter, margarine, brown sugar, and Splenda. Add in the vanilla and egg.
In a separate bowl bring all the dry ingredients together. Slowly add the dry to the wet. Once everything is well incorporated. Bring the chocolate chips to the party! At this point cover the batter with some plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for an hour maybe two, if you want to go over night you can do that too.

Preheat over to 375

I like to use one of those nifty mini ice cream scoopers to make sure that all the cookies are the same size. If you don't have one of those a spoon is ok too. Drop cookies onto ungreased sheet.
Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges and top are light brown. The cookies will be a little mushy when they come out of the oven, but let them cool and set.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment