Thursday, August 6, 2009

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough


Made some more pizza. It was delish. Per usual.

I tried a new pizza dough recipe I found on Friday Delights Blog. The thing that attracted me to it was that it took no resting time, had no yeast and was whole wheat. I added a little wheat bran to the dough just for some more nutritional value. I liked that this dough stayed pretty thin, and got somewhat crunchy, but it wasn't my favorite. I wonder if I made it wrong, too, because my dough didn't look like the one of Friday Delights. Boo hickey.

I still had a good time eating it because I topped it with copious amounts of cheese, onion, mushrooms and bbq sauce! Sounds like a weird combo, but it was yummy! Don't knock it till you've tried it!


Whole Wheat Pizza Dough

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 cup wheat bran
1 egg, lightly beaten
2/3 cup soy milk
Pizza Stone/Pizza Pan
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease the pizza stone or pizza pan with olive oil. In a large bowl, stiff the flour, salt, and oregano. Mix in the egg and milk; stir well. Transfer to lightly floured surface. Knead dough until smooth, adding more flour if dough is very sticky. Roll out dough onto the pizza stone or pizza pan and baked in preheated over for 20 minutes, until crust is set. Add toppings of your choice and baked until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment