Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peach Picco de Gallo


"If I were a rich man, yada deeba deeba dooba didle deeba didle do! All day long I'd deedle deedle doe, If I were a wealthy man, yah!"

Feel ashamed if you don't know what that's from. I have a point. I promise.

It's from Fiddler on the Roof. I've been getting frustrated lately because for some reason, I've decided to pick hobbies that seem to cost about a million dollars. I am starting to get sick of spending obscene amount of money on baking supplies (mostly sugar and butter!). Don't worry, I would never give it up! I'm just saying it frustrates me. Grr. Not to mention that my other hobby is scrapbooking (yes, sometimes I AM a middle aged woman), which gets expensive as well.

Doesn't a nice cold margarita sound good to take the edge off? With chips and salsa? Well, I've got the salsa part!

Peach Picco De Gallo
Adapted from The Eating Club

2 peaches, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 can diced jalapenos
5-6 strands green onions, diced
juice from 1 lemon
salt and pepper
Handful of cilantro

Mix everything together in a large bowl, add as many or as few jalapenos as you would like along with the juice. Joyfully eat with tortilla chips and hopefully an ice cold margarita!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe! I'm cracking up at the middle-aged woman remark. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to make this--I love peach salsa, so I know I'd love this!

    My daughter & I have a "scrapbook paper problem" in that we buy paper that appeals to us & then just look at it and never use it. ;)

    ReplyDelete