Monday, August 3, 2009

Cookie Dough Truffles


Round 2 for Butthead's wedding party is cookie dough truffles. Butthead knew she wanted chocolate truffles of some kind. I started off trying caramel truffles, which was an epic failure. So I quickly snubbed that idea! Then we started debating whether we would prefer the chocolate truffles I had already made or cookie dough truffles.

This recipe is from Paula Deen....and really, who doesn't love Paula Deen and the unbelievably crazy-good stuff she makes?! These turned out delicious. Hats off to Paula, yet again. Thanks for making me fatter. Seriously.

In comparison, these little guys are definitely less rich than the chocolate truffles I made before, and therefore can be eaten several at a time. The other ones were definitely too rich for that. So, Butthead, I leave it to you!

Cookie Dough Truffles
Paula Deen

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 pounds chocolate bark candy coating (I used Ghirardelli baking chocolate)

In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. Add chocolate chips and mix well. Refrigerate until firm enough to shape.

Shape into 1-inch balls, place on wax paper and refrigerate again about 2 hours.

Melt chocolate bark candy in a double broiler. Dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour (I keep them in the freezer).

1 comment:

  1. I am SO going to make these--you really have a knack with truffles!

    ReplyDelete