Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Obsessed with Salad


How much do I LOVE salads? Oh my goodness, I couldn't even tell you! Probably about as much as I love sugar =)

I usually have a salad a day at least. Here in New York, a lot of places have make your own salads and it is just so easy to get lots of delicious vegetables, that I can't say no! It's pretty awesome.

If I am ever home for dinner, most often I will make some version of this salad. I throw in some nuts if I need some protein or different vegetables that are on sale at the store. This is what I made last night. Enjoy!

Allison's Salad

Lettuce (whatever kind floats your boat, I prefer a mix of spinach and mixed greens but also enjoy kale)
Tomatoes
Asparagus
1 small sweet potato
1 large carrot
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 cucumber
Handful of sliced mushrooms
Handful of almonds

Wash all your vegetables and lettuce. I like to microwave both my sweet potato and asparagus so they are cooked a bit, but you certainly don't have to. They would also be delicious if stuck on a grill, if you have one! Cut your veggies as you prefer. Toss everything together in a bowl.

The following is my favorite go-to dressing that I got from Eating, etc.

Orange Dressing
1 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
2/3 cup lime juice
4 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Whisk together all of the ingredients. Add desired amount to salad and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment