Sunday, May 24, 2009

Chocolate Oreo Overload


We had another cast party this weekend (actually we had two, but I will post the other goodie I made on a later day), and I made Oreo Brownies. I wanted to combine two of my favorite things, and boy did they come together well!

I brought this to the theater on Friday and I was still getting compliments on Sunday! So that should tell you how delish these puppies were. I found the recipe I used on Eat Me, Delicious blog. Although these were awesome, I think they could be even better! I used store bought oreos, but next time I am definitely going to make my own, which I have done before. I figured, though, that being short on time and with a theater full of ravenous and highly liquered cast and crew members, no one would know the difference! I will also decrease the amount of coffee grounds I use to probably 1/2 tablespoon. I would also like to try and make these fudgier, but I am not sure how. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Oreo Brownies

From Eat Me, Delicious

1 cup butter
1/2 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee grounds
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped oreos (about 25)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9 by 13 baking pan.

In a medium saucepan, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until everything is melted. Let cool for a few minutes.

Mix eggs, coffee grounds, vanilla and sugar in a large bowl. Add the chocolate mixture and let cool completely.

Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl and then add it to the chocolate mixture. In a separate bowl, stir the oreos and remaining 2 tablespoons of flour before adding it to the chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 35 minutes. Allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment