Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chocolate Makes It All Better


This has been one crazy week! I am in tech rehearsal for a production of Show Boat I am doing and the average time I have gotten home this week has been about 12:30am. Ouch. I planned ahead, however, and knew I would be craving chocolate when I got home every night (I know myself so well). So, I made chocolate sauce this past weekend...and boy is it delicious.

Actually, everything David Lebovitz makes is delicious. I highly recommend his chocolate sauce, though. SO much better than the store-bought Hershey's kind. I have been putting this on top of some Greek Fage Yogurt every night when I get home and it really hits the spot!

The Best Chocolate Sauce Recipe
Courtesy of David Lebovitz

1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped

Whisk together the water, sugar, corn syrup and cocoa powder in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. When it simmers, remove from heat and stir in the chocolate until melted.

5 comments:

  1. You are inspiring me to be better about my own chocolate intake. (Cheesy grin.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I am so impressed. I expect great things from whatever you decide to bring to the cast party tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best thing ever! I wanted to pour the whole jug in my mouth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been on a quest for the best chocolate sauce for many years--not an unpleasant task! If Lebovitz says it's the best, well then I have to try it. :))

    Never thought about putting it on yogurt--that is genius and reduces the guilt factor for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I made this. Yum! What did you bring to the cast party? :)))

    ReplyDelete