Friday, May 8, 2009

I Actually Cooked Something!


When my Dad cooks, he never uses a recipe. I grew up enjoying delicious creations that I believe he just made up. How crazy is that?! He just throws things together and they turn out yummy! *Insert pang of jealousy here.

Last weekend, I got a hankering for salmon and decided to try to make some on my own (WHAT?!). I had watched Spice make salmon before, so I almost just copied what she did. I really don't have a recipe to post, but I marinated the salmon in a mix of lemon juice, olive oil, and whatever spices jumped out at me from our spice cabinet. Then I just threw it on my George Foreman grill. I also cooked some asparagus and just for kicks added some blackberries to them. This was SO much easier than I expected and I was so immensely proud of myself. Spice came home to see me eating it on the couch with a huge grin on my face.

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, YOU! Salmon + You = Huh?! I'm SO impressed and your dad will be so proud! :) Love from one of your friendly West Coast Cheerleaders. :)

    ReplyDelete