Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cheesecake Factory Balsamic Dressing



Several years ago, nevermind how long exactly, I went to The Cheesecake Factory every week. Saying I was addicted is puting it mildly. Good thing I was pretty active at this stage in my life!

Among other things, I was completely enamored with their Balsamic Salad Dressing. I used it throughout my meal, no matter what it was. I dipped bread into it, artichokes and even my finger. Some things haven't changed =D

So my wonderful Stepmom, LadyJayPee, decided it might be more economical if she tried to recreate the dressing at home. And what other way to do that than to add more sugar to her already standing balsamic dressing recipe? Doy!

This stuff is great, though. And tastes just like Cheesecake Factory's dressing. I dare you to make it and put it on everything you eat.



Cheesecake Factory Balsamic Dressing
From Eating, Etc.

1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
optional herbs

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until emulsified.

12 comments:

  1. Have a great site that has copycat recipes from America's favourite restaurants. The big mac sauce is amazing and KFC copies are the real thing. Highly recommended - thanks for a great site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS RECIPE IS AWESOME! TASTE JUST LIKE CHEESE CAKE FACTORY!!
    GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this, but what optional herbs do you add?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dressing is delicious! However it didn't store well in the fridge...any suggestions on this? It clumped up and separated :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any substitute for the sugar? If so, how much- same as the sugar or does it differ depending on which sweetener (Stevia, Truvia, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used Splenda and it tastes great. Use same amount.

      Delete
  6. What herbs? I had an allergic reaction to it and unfortunately, CF can't/won't tell me the ingredients without a doctor's request. Every other ingredient in it I eat all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What herbs? I had an allergic reaction to it and unfortunately, CF can't/won't tell me the ingredients without a doctor's request. Every other ingredient in it I eat all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this.I also love this dressing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone know what herbs to use?

    ReplyDelete