Thursday, July 1, 2010

Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies



It has been such a hot, humid summer so far in New York. I can't even tell you how gross this city gets when it is humid. Unbearable. And, you know its bad when you'd rather stay at work where there is air conditioning than go home to the sauna that has become your apartment.

Needless to say, baking has been the furthest thing from my mind for the past week. Thankfully, I asked our roommate to do a weather dance, which she must have done because the humidity finally went away!

And on goes the oven!

I thought something fruit-like and light would be appropriate for summer. And these White Chocolate Blondies from Picky Palate delivered big time! These are very sweet and almost melt in your mouth! The raspberries give a great tang to them. I bet they'd be perfect for a 4th of July BBQ if you used raspberries and blueberries together!



Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
From Picky Palate

1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
2 eggs
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons sanding sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch baking dish and spray with cooking spray.

Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Stir in ¾ Cup white chips until melted and smooth. In a large bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and ½ Cup white chips. In a small bowl whisk the eggs and sour cream. Pour into the dry ingredient bowl along with the melted white chip mixture. Mix until just combined.

Spread evenly in the baking dish and top evenly with 1 Cup raspberries. Sprinkle sanding sugar over blondies. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean from center (I ended up having to bake mine for about 45 minutes).

7 comments:

  1. Perfect timing for these -- I'm trying them out this weekend. Thanks for your post, and glad to hear the humidity broke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Sarah! And glad I could help out a fellow foodie with a sugar fix =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] had a quick look before, and this – http://everythingnicebysugarandspice.com/?p=683 looks [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seen these on (above all places) facebook.
    A friend of mine made these on their farm.
    I googled the recipe and found this.
    I will be trying this out today.
    My girlfriend who is expecting says they look good.
    Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been searching for a recipe that looks like the one on farmville and this one is perfect thank you! I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do these work with frozen raspberrys?

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous! I made them awhile ago for a party and everyone loved them. I'm making them again tonight!

    ReplyDelete