Friday, July 9, 2010

Green Tea Lemonade

There are a few things that you just accept when living in New York City... 1) Your rent is sky high 2) Bums Happen and 3) You pay way too much for coffee. Living in the city during the summer means taking daily, sometimes hourly trips to Starbucks or your local D'n'D (Dunkin' Donuts). And these trips are not cheap people, we are talking $4 sometimes $5 for a cup of joe.

Recently a dear friend of mine named Smoon introduced me to a new drink at Starbucks called the Black Tea Lemonade. It is delicious and refreshing and exactly what you want on a hot summer day. One day my local SB's ran out of black tea and asked if I would take green tea, and BOOM an addiction was born.  I have been blowing big bucks getting my daily fix of this delicious drink and needed to find a more cost effective way of treating my addiction. Thank God for Hannah at Honey and Jam, who posted the black tea version on her site. Below is the slightly modified green tea version.

I feel like I must warn you all though, once you try this you will never be the same. Enjoy!



Green Tea Lemonade

6 bags of green tea
6 cups of water (for tea)
1 cup sugar
1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
1 cup lemon juice, please use fresh you won't regret it

Bring 6 cups of water to boil, remove from heat, add tea bags and allow to steep for 10 minutes.

Heat 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved.

Combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, and steeped tea in a pitcher.

Stir and Refrigerate until cold. Then serve over ice.

1 comment:

  1. I printed this to try since we're actually finally getting summer weather!

    ReplyDelete