Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blackberry Freezer Pops



For the love, could someone please turn down the humidity level in New York?

Granted, I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, where summers are so beautiful and humidity-free, its outrageous! I never realized what I had until I moved to New York and got lost in a world of humid and sweat-filled subway platforms.

Let me also inform you of the lack of air conditioning in our kitchen and living room. Needless to say, some frozen treat of some sort was beyond necessary.

These babies were just perfect! And they couldn't have been easier! I got the idea from Bakerella, but the super simple recipe is below. Clear aside some room in the freezer and get some of these goin!

Blackberry Pops
Adapted from Bakerella

Wash 2 cups of blackberries (any fruit will work).  Place them in a food processor with 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth.

Pour into dixie cups and layer with vanilla yogurt if desired. Freeze until firm, about 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment