Monday, June 29, 2009

Snickerdoodle Blondies


Snickerdoodle. Isn't that a fun word to say? Snickerdoodle. Snickerdoodle. Snickerdoodle. !!!!

Ok. I'm done. I made these for my friend, Kali, who is now a professional dancer and getting paid to do what she loves! How incredible! She is going to Shanghai in September to dance in a musical theater show, and I made these for her this weekend as a congratulations of sorts. Her favorite cookies are snickerdoodles, and I have been so into bars lately, that when I found snickerdoodle blondies, I knew I had to nose dive straight into the recipe!

These were, without a doubt, utterly amazing. I kid you not. I made these on Saturday evening. They were gone before I got home Sunday evening. Wowza. I'm serious, though. Make these and people with really love you.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
From Crepes of Wrath

2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 inch baking dish.

Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.

Beat together the brown sugar and the butter. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.

Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over dough. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Let the cool completely before cutting.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm adding these to my ever-growing list of your recipes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] are one of my favorite cookie bars. I’ve made them before and they were gobbled up before you could say “Bob’s your uncle” (name that [...]

    ReplyDelete