Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rice Krispies Cookies


I had some leftover Rice Krispies in my pantry from this debacle. I also got a new cookie measure scoop that needed some dire attention. Operation: Cookies. Duh.

I found a recipe for Rice Krispies Cookies on Amber's Delectable Delights. What a bombastic idea to use Rice Krispies in cookies! I have to say I was a bit skeptical...

Never fear! These cookies have such a unique crunch! Utterly delish. I really enjoyed the texture of these. I used chocolate chips because it was all I had, but next time I am definitely making them with either toffee bits or butterscotch chips. Or perhaps both?

I also have to say that I love my new measuring scoop! It was quite miraculous to find all my cookies the same size and shape (Well, relatively. No one is perfect).

Rice Krispies Cookies
From Amber's Delectable Delights

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons hot water
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup chips of your deciding, although for now and ever more I will use butterscotch and toffee =)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and mix well, followed by the hot water and vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well. Fold in the Rice Krispies followed by the chips.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.

Drop by tablespoon size balls on to a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment