Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Swirl Perfection


Happy Birthday to EMILY! There have been so many birthdays as of late...and more still to come rather quickly! My friend Emily requested some Peanut Butter and Chocolate dessert for her birthday and we quickly narrowed the list I had come up with down to Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies. I found a recipe from Ina Garten on the Food Network Website for these big boys.

Oh my-lanta! I got SO many compliments on these! I was told these were the best brownies people had ever tasted. So either people were sucking up to me, highly unlikely, or these were A-MAZING! I vote for the later. A friend was over when I made them and we both agreed these were better a day later. I made a few tweaks, reflected below.

Pure. Peanut Butter. And Chocolate. Perfection. 'Nuff said.

Peanut Swirl Brownies
Ina Garten

1 pound unsalted butter
1 pound plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cups smooth peanut butter
1 cup Reese's peanut butter chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 13 by 9 inch pan.

Melt together the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate in a saucepan, stirring constantly. In a large bowl, stir the eggs, vanilla and sugar together. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.

In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of flour, the baking powder and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the remaining 12 ounces of chocolate chips in a medium bowl with 1/4 cup flour and add it to the chocolate batter. Pour into the prepared pan. Spoon the peanut butter over the top and swirl it around using a knife.

Bake for about 25 minutes, remove from oven and top with Reese's chips. Return to oven and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting (I stuck mine in the refrigerator).

2 comments:

  1. Words cannot express how delicious this sounds at 7:00 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combo of peanut butter & chocolate is pretty dang irresistable. I munna make these! XOXO

    ReplyDelete