Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Raspberry Buttermilk Cake


I found this recipe for Raspberry Buttermilk Cake the other day from Gourmet.com. I got home that night just craving a little baking action. Don't ask why. I'm weird like that.

Anyways, this cake was calling my name and I just hunkered down and made him. It turned out really well! Very delicious. The only thing I didn't like was that my raspberries ended up turning slightly blue. But, oh-well! It tasted good and with some help from the roomies, was half gone when I woke up in the morning!

Raspberry Buttermilk Cake
from Gourmet.com

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup well-shaken buttermilk
1 cup fresh raspberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

Beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar together. Add the vanilla and mix well, followed by the egg. Add the flour mixture, alternating between it and the buttermilk until combined.

Spoon the batter into the cake pan and smooth evenly. Top with raspberries followed by the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment