Monday, June 8, 2009

The Weather is Heating Up!


Which means it is ice cream time! I love ice cream so much. That really didn't get across my love for ice cream enough, but it's hard to do in words. It is just so delicious and smooth going down and comes in so many flavors! I'm getting excited just thinking about all the ice cream that is yet to be eaten this summer!

I had several bananas I had to get rid of, and as per usual, I had to make things difficult and wouldn't accept simply making banana bread. Ok, it's not like ice cream is any more difficult than banana bread, but whatever! It was a stroke of something new for me!

I kind of just threw some ingredients in a bowl, mixed it together, threw it in the ice cream maker and presto! Chango! It became ice cream. Or I guess frozen yogurt to be more exact. Yum!

Banana Chocolate Chip Frozen Yogurt

1 1/2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
1 cup vanilla yogurt
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
dash of lemon juice

Mix everything together and freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment