Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm Alive! And Bringing Deliciousness to Your Computer Screen


I have been so MIA on you little bloggie! And I'm so sorry! In my defense, I closed a show, got sick and then started rehearsals for something else. I know. No excuses. I'm back, though! And look at the deliciousness I have to impart on you!

I have been craving Rice Krispy Treats lately, and I had vaguely remembered a jazzed-up Rice Krispy recipe on Joy the Baker's blog. By jazzed-up, I mean these treats had jazz hands aplenty! Indeed. I found it. And made it. And ate too much of it. And gave myself a tummy-ache. In short, these bars are rice krispy treats topped with peanut butter and then chocolate fudge. Rediculous? Duh!

PS: Spice is MIA as usual as well, but I have to say she has made some amazing things lately. S'mores cupcakes and homemade meatballs to name a few. If only I could get her to post them....

Rice Krispy Bars with Jazz Hands
from Joy the Baker

Rice Krispy Treats
3 tablespoons butter
1 10-oz package marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispy Cereal

Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and add cereal. Stir until combined. Press into a 13 by 9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

Peanut Butter Fudge
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar

Microwave butter and peanut butter for 2 minutes on high. Stir and microwave again for 2 more minutes. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and stir. Pour over the rice krispies and spread evenly.

Chocolate Fudge
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine the milk, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan and heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour over peanut butter fudge and spread evenly. Place entire dish in fridge to cool and harden.

2 comments:

  1. Those look really, really good. My hubby likes his Rice Krispies treats pretty plain, but when I described these to him, he said let's try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE jazz hands!!! :D

    These look super yummy.

    ReplyDelete