Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lemon Curd



Apologies for my absence but I was being a good little cripple and resting my foot, which meant no baking. I can't tell you how difficult it was to have so much time on my hands, but not be able to stand up to bake! Luckily, I'm off crutches as of today and ready to take on the world!

Ok, that's a bit of a stretch since my idea of "walking" means I hobble along on the heel of one foot with my arms flailing at my sides like a lame duck. Imagine THAT on the streets of New York!

Anyways, I was obviously itching to get back in the kitchen, but I knew that I was going to have to make something somewhat easy.

Enter: MICROWAVE Lemon Curd. Could it get any easier?! And not only that, but I knew a large jar full of lemon curd would need a higher purpose somewhere down the line.

This lemon curd is so easy to make. AND it tastes great! It is more on the tart side than sweet, which I appreciate, but probably not everyone will. Although I hardly ever go the easy route when baking, it was a necessary requirement for me this time. Just call me Gimp in the Kitchen. =D

Microwave Lemon Curd
From Allrecipes


  • 1 cup white sugar

  • 3 eggs

  • 1 cup fresh lemon juice

  • 3 lemons, zested

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted

  • In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, lemon zest and butter. Cook in the microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the microwave, and pour into small sterile jars. Store for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.

    4 comments:

    1. YES!!! Glad to see you are blogging again...this makes me happy. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks, Butthead! Me too =)

      ReplyDelete
    3. So glad now that when I check the blog 23 times a day there will be updates! Although I have nothing whimshical to say regarding the curd as I have not tasted it, I do enjoy the picture and the decorative lemon wedge. Its all in the details!

      ReplyDelete
    4. [...] and moist, without being mushy, and tastes very light (although its most certainly not!). I used my lemon curd as a filling between layers and made a lemon-butter icing to top it with. I think the icing might [...]

      ReplyDelete