Thursday, May 27, 2010

M&M and Oreo Chunk Cookies



So one Saturday I'm sitting around, getting some stuff done and I notice both Oreo's and M&M's in my panty (I use the word "pantry" loosely here. We have a few shelves we store food on). Well, I certainly can't have those both just lying around or the sweets monster will have them in her belly before too long (thats me!).

I'm sure I could have just thrown them into a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but scouring the internet for recipes is waaaay more fun!

I found this recipe on Cookie Madness and the only thing I did differently was omit the chocolate chips. I promise you there's enough candy going on in these guys. They are delicious! Very sweet, but kind of salty too, I think from the Oreos. Very simple. Very good.

M&M and Oreo Chunk Cookies
From Cookie Madness

6 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup M&M candies
6-8 Oreos, broken into thirds or fourths (do not crush)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and both sugars. Beat in vanilla and egg. Add soda, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar and beat well to ensure the baking powder is well-distributed. Add the flour and stir until it’s absorbed. Stir in the M&M’s and cookies. I chilled the dough for about an hour here, but only because my kitchen at the time must have been about 100 degrees!

Using a heaping tablespoon, drop the cookies about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Is there an M&M commercial in which Allegra Kent appears?

    ReplyDelete