Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies with Cinnamon Penuche Frosting



These are one of my favorite cookie bars. I've made them before and they were gobbled up before you could say "Bob's your uncle" (name that movie)!

Bananie asked me to make something for her to take to class and all I got from her about what she wanted was:

"Something snickerdoodle-like. With cinnamon and sugar. And some kind of frosting. Snickerdoodle frosting. And easy to carry."

Hmm.

After I got that out of her, I immediately thought of the Snickerdoodle bars and figured I could add some cinnamon to a frosting recipe and just make it a Snickerdoodle party.

These were every bit as good as I remembered them! The bars have such a unique texture, and are literally like an actual snickerdoodle cookie. The penuche frosting was great as well, but EXTREMELY sweet. It hardened over the bars, causing it to flake off as you ate it, where it proceeded to melt in your mouth. Yum.  I've posted the Snickerdoodle bar recipe before here and below you will find the Cinnamon Penuche Frosting.



Cinnamon Penuche Frosting
From Cupcake Project
  • 1/2 C butter

  • 1 C brown sugar, packed

  • 1/4 C milk

  • 1 T ground cinnamon

  • 1 1/2 C sifted confectioners' sugar

  • In a saucepan, melt 1/2 C butter. Add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium low and continue to boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the milk and cinnamon and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

    Cool to lukewarm.

    Gradually add sifted confectioners' sugar. Beat until thick enough to spread. If too thick, add a little hot water. Let cool completely before frosting bars.

    2 comments:

    1. These were superb! The frosting could have been its own snack it was that good!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yums! Penuche might be my very fave frosting.

      ReplyDelete