Monday, May 24, 2010

Spring Sugar Cookies



Boy, our apartment has become sugar cookie capital of the world. Every time Spice and I want to send cookies to someone or make them for a special event, we almost always break out the iced sugar cookies.

Although it's a bit time consuming (which I just find fun), these cookies always get us praise. Not only do they look beautiful, but they really are delicious. So many decorated sugar cookies out there skimp on the cookie so that the decorating stands out. Lame!

These are the best of both worlds!

These were cute cookies. I think the colors were a little glaring, but to each their own!

One of the cookies had a little mishap coming out of the oven. Waste not! I just made him a little more special =)



The cookie and icing recipe we use. Have fun!

6 comments:

  1. I miss these already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I'll have to save up my money and send you some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should sell these. If I was local I'd totally buy some for my kids. I love to bake, but royal icing really scares me, for some reason. Plus my sugar cookies always spread everywhere. Maybe I'll try your recipe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, I was also terrified of sugar cookies! But these are super fun and easy to make. I find that freezing the cut out dough for 5 minutes before you put them in the oven really helps them to keep their shape. Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you have easter religous cookies at easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you have easter religous symbols cookies for the easter season

    ReplyDelete